Monday, January 2, 2012

Week 1-- success

Its been a crazy few weeks with travel, the holidays, and the official start to Boston training.

The first week was awesome.

In my six training days I had four different running partners to help me log my miles.

I was fortunate enough to run with one of my former athletes, who converted to the sport in college, and ran her first marathon this fall in Boston qualifying time! She was kind enough to tackle workout #2 of training--so much better than flying solo. Thank you Becca! Please continue to virtually train with me...and get together for runs when possible :)

Christy helped me through recovery miles. Matt and Cole helped set the pace for my long run by running the first three miles with me.

As much as I've embraced being a solo runner, sharing the road is one of the things I enjoy most about the sport.

Surrounded by family and friends for the past week, I feel rejuvenated and even more focused on the challenge that lies ahead.

No comments: