Monday's text exchange:
Matt: Get your run in?
Me: 7 miles
Matt: Nice work... was that the plan?
Me: 45-60 minutes
Matt: Dead on.
Me: Ya this week is recovery. I'm half way through
Matt: Amazing it's that close. I was just thinking about how it's just around the corner.
Me: Scary.
Matt: Do you feel like your plan is getting you in the shape you need?
Me: I feel more confident, less frustrated and in better shape than last time. Not sure if I'm faster yet.
I need to make time for the extras: core, weights, etc
Matt: You're amazing. Keep it up. Can I help you make time? How much can you do of that stuff at home?
Everyone needs a cheerleader in their corner. With all of my crazy dreams and goals, I don't think I've ever been told 'no' or 'can't' by the people in my corner. It's amazing what someone else believing in you does for your confience.
My advice, if you want to go after something---go for it. First, believe in yourself... and then make sure you have the right people on your "team." There will always be days that are hard and it will seem like you just can't do it--that's when your team lifts you up and helps you through.
I'm one lucky girl... thanks for everyone who has been a part of my "team" over the years. It means more to me than you can imagine.
No comments:
Post a Comment