We embark on our journey to Oberlin tomorrow for the NCAA Great Lake Regional. It is always inspiring to see the girls compete, and I know that this Saturday will be as exciting as ever. Today also marks the last day of practice for the team for the 2011 cross country season (unless we have an individual qualify for the national meet but it will be the last team practice for the team). The week that lies ahead is definitely one of my least favorite weeks of the year. It's transitioning to the post-season, aka the 'off season.' I hope I can take their energy and use it towards the beginning of my own training.
I will keep the words of Dr. Seuss in mind as the transition begins...
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
I'm so thankful for this season. I am so thankful for being able to work with hard-working, determined, hilarious, and overall just amazing group of women. All the tears that will inevitably flow are all a reflection of a thousand things going 'right' this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment